City officials behind complaint that shut down Charles LeBlanc’s blog

20 08 2014

Posted on 8/19/2014 5:42:00 PM

 

Fredericton’s Chief Administrative Officer says he sent a letter to Google to review a blog by Charles LeBlanc.

In a news release Tuesday afternoon, Chris MacPherson says he asked Google to remove “inaccurate, hurtful and inappropriate” comments on LeBlanc’s blog directed at Fredericton Police Force employees.

LeBlanc’s blog was shut down by Google earlier this week.

MacPherson says one of the seven recommendations made in a report to the city and its police force by former ombudsman Bernard Richard in 2012 specifically relates to comments that appear on LeBlanc’s blog.

That review was launched after Fredericton Police seized LeBlanc’s computer equipment from his home while investigating a complaint of criminal libel from one of its own officers.

MacPherson says one other recommendation remains outstanding because it requires legislative reform.

He says they tried working with LeBlanc to address the concerns, but he wouldn’t cooperate.

MacPherson says the comments impact the individuals’ professional and personal reputation, and the city has the right to protect its employees.

Advertisements

Actions

Information

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




%d bloggers like this: